Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Member

    Become a Food Fanatic Member!

    ChrisRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    46
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Asparagus roll-ups




    My kids learned to love asparagus because of these. I have never had any to take home when I bring to a party!

    1 package of Neufchâtel or low-fat cream cheese (found in dairy section with cream cheese) softened

    1 package of low-fat square ham lunch meat

    1 can of asparagus spears

    Pat ham slices dry with paper towel. Spread cheese to edges of each slice. Roll an asparagus spear (more than 1 if they are thin) in each slice. Chill for at least an hour. Slice with sharp knife in approx. 1" slices.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-jpg  

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,656
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Asparagus roll-ups




    Mmm I love all these ingredients!

  3. #3
    Administrator Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    1,349
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    18

    Re: Asparagus roll-ups




    Oh my those look really good!!!
    What's For Dinner?

  4. #4
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,133
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Asparagus roll-ups




    I think I will bring these to a potluck we're having at work in a couple weeks. Looks very good and easy to prepare. Thanks!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    558
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Asparagus roll-ups




    I've always had these with green onions instead of asparagus. But I love asparagus, so I'm going to try that next time I decide to make them.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    TraciInTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sunny South Texas, USA
    Posts
    812
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11



    I cannot eat canned veggies... But I bet lightly nuked freshies would work just fine!!!
    Mmmmmm, 'sparagusssssss!

  7. #7
    Member

    Become a Food Fanatic Member!

    ChrisRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    46
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Asparagus roll-ups




    Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post
    I've always had these with green onions instead of asparagus. But I love asparagus, so I'm going to try that next time I decide to make them.
    My kids said they hated asparagus until they tried these. They used to "steal" the rolls before I cut them, thinking they had gotten away with something!

  8. #8
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,133
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Asparagus roll-ups




    @ChrisRN, i got all the ingredients to make these except for the asparagus. Can't find canned asparagus anywhere here. So, i'm going to get some fresh and just steam them. I have a potluck on Wed so you think it's okay to prep these the night before?

  9. #9
    Member

    Become a Food Fanatic Member!

    ChrisRN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    46
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Asparagus roll-ups




    Yes. They can be prepared the night before. I think they're better the second day-- if they last that long!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,656
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Asparagus roll-ups




    Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    @ChrisRN, i got all the ingredients to make these except for the asparagus. Can't find canned asparagus anywhere here. So, i'm going to get some fresh and just steam them. I have a potluck on Wed so you think it's okay to prep these the night before?
    Can't find asparagus?! It is usually up on the top shelf on the veggie aisle. Have never not found it. The kids don't like fresh sadly so I buy both.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,133
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Asparagus roll-ups




    Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    Can't find asparagus?! It is usually up on the top shelf on the veggie aisle. Have never not found it. The kids don't like fresh sadly so I buy both.
    nope! I've searched Ralph's , Smart and Final and Target. No canned asparagus anywhere here.

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,656
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Asparagus roll-ups




    Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    nope! I've searched Ralph's , Smart and Final and Target. No canned asparagus anywhere here.
    How weird.... We have it here at stater bros for sure. Want me to sent you some? if I were headed out your way I could bring them.lol

  13. #13
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,133
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Asparagus roll-ups




    @cali~jenn, could u fedex overnight for me? cuz i need to make the dish tomorrow! Just kidding. I wish i had a Stater's nearby me. I'm just going to go w/the fresh asparagus and steam 'em. I'll post after i make them.

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,656
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Asparagus roll-ups




    Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    @cali~jenn, could u fedex overnight for me? cuz i need to make the dish tomorrow! Just kidding. I wish i had a Stater's nearby me. I'm just going to go w/the fresh asparagus and steam 'em. I'll post after i make them.
    have found them at biglots even. Looking in my cupboard last night, the last time I stocked up they were from there. (They have certain price tags so I can tell) wonder why they r so hard to find?!

  15. #15
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,133
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Asparagus roll-ups




    Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    have found them at biglots even. Looking in my cupboard last night, the last time I stocked up they were from there. (They have certain price tags so I can tell) wonder why they r so hard to find?!
    thanks for the Big Lots tip; there's one nearby me so i'll go there after work to check b4 going to grocery store

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •