Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Dill Feta Scramble
02-22-2011, 07:31 PM #1
Dill Feta Scramble
I got this recipe from Martha Stewart Everyday Foods after my husband came back from the doctor's with high cholesterol. It's a healthy but satisfying breakfast - and truly delicious:
* 2 large eggs plus 4 large egg whites
* Coarse salt and ground pepper
* 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled (1/4 cup)
* 2 teaspoons olive oil
* 2 tablespoons fresh dill, coarsely chopped, plus more for garnish
* 1 whole-wheat pita (6-inch), halved
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and egg whites; season with salt and pepper. Whisk in cheese.
2. In a small nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-low. Cook eggs, scraping bottom frequently with a flexible heatproof spatula, until just set, 1 to 2 minutes; stir in dill.
3. Spoon eggs into pita halves, and garnish with more dill.
Last edited by LariP; 01-18-2013 at 08:09 PM.