Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: EASY Caramel Apple Bars
10-10-2011, 09:12 AM #1
EASY Caramel Apple Bars
Super easy and very delicious! I didn't measure the apples but I know I used more than a cup, I used 2 granny smith apples and it was the perfect amount.
1/2 cup cold butter
1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) oatmeal cookie mix
1 cup finely chopped peeled apple
3/4 cup caramel topping
1/4 cup flour
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
2. In large bowl, cut butter into cookie mix using fork or pastry blender. Stir in egg until mixture is crumbly.
3. Reserve 1 1/2 cups cookie mixture. Press remaining cookie mixture into bottom of pan. Bake 15 minutes. Sprinkle apple evenly over crust. In small bowl, mix caramel topping and flour; drizzle over apples. Sprinkle reserved cookie mixture over apples.
4. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely, about 2 hours. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.
Last edited by LariP; 01-20-2013 at 06:01 PM.
10-11-2011, 07:40 PM #2
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin, United States
- Likes (Received)