Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 44
  1. #16
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    TraciInTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sunny South Texas, USA
    Posts
    813
    TrophiesCrock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese
    Likes (Received)
    12

    Re: Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese

    Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese



    I can happily report that Dear Hubby LOVED it! We served it over Jasmine Rice. He snarfed down a double helping!
    I am not a huge fan of tomatoes, and after overnighting in the fridge - it really smelled of tomato... I was afraid that I'd end up rebelling. But its not really tomato-y, its the flavor of salsa! (I know. Strange, I dislike one and like the other.) You know that seven layer bean and salsa that everyone takes to pot-lucks? Its kinda like that! Very tasty and relatively light!

  2. #17
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,133
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese

    Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese



    Quote Originally Posted by TraciInTexas View Post
    I can happily report that Dear Hubby LOVED it! We served it over Jasmine Rice. He snarfed down a double helping!
    I am not a huge fan of tomatoes, and after overnighting in the fridge - it really smelled of tomato... I was afraid that I'd end up rebelling. But its not really tomato-y, its the flavor of salsa! (I know. Strange, I dislike one and like the other.) You know that seven layer bean and salsa that everyone takes to pot-lucks? Its kinda like that! Very tasty and relatively light!
    Glad to hear you and hubby enjoyed it so much! I got all the ingreds, just have to throw 'em together into the crockpot. i will report back afterwards

  3. #18
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,133
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese

    Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese



    Everything is in the crockpot now! I also added some potatoes. Can't wait to eat this for lunch tomorrow!

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,656
    TrophiesCrock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese

    Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese



    potatoes... Havent thought of that one, let us know what you think!

  5. #20
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,133
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese

    Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese



    Okay guys, I made it and the verdict is: pure LOVE !

    I just finished eating it for lunch here at work and am licking my tupperware bowl right now!! So creamy, and love the slight heat from the salsa. The chicken, which i thought would be overcooked and dry, turned out to be so tender. The potatoes cooked perfectly in the crockpot too...just the right texture, not mushy, not too hard. I turned the crock on at 9pm last night to LOW setting and at 5:30am today added the neufchatel cheese, and some chopped up green onions too. Let it cook for another 30-40minutes and turned it off. It's one of my favorite, if not my favorite, crockpot recipe yet! Thanks for sharing this one :thumbup:

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,656
    TrophiesCrock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese

    Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese



    Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    Okay guys, I made it and the verdict is: pure LOVE !

    I just finished eating it for lunch here at work and am licking my tupperware bowl right now!! So creamy, and love the slight heat from the salsa. The chicken, which i thought would be overcooked and dry, turned out to be so tender. The potatoes cooked perfectly in the crockpot too...just the right texture, not mushy, not too hard. I turned the crock on at 9pm last night to LOW setting and at 5:30am today added the neufchatel cheese, and some chopped up green onions too. Let it cook for another 30-40minutes and turned it off. It's one of my favorite, if not my favorite, crockpot recipe yet! Thanks for sharing this one :thumbup:
    what kind of potatoes did you use? Glad you liked it!

  7. #22
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,133
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese

    Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese



    @cali~jenn, just used regular Russett potatoes. Got a 5lb bag of them the other day. I used two large potatoes for this recipe; peeled them and cut them into chunks. They cooked beautifully!

  8. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,656
    TrophiesCrock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese

    Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese



    Thanks, will try it next time in place of rice.

  9. #24
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    TraciInTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sunny South Texas, USA
    Posts
    813
    TrophiesCrock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese
    Likes (Received)
    12

    Re: Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese

    Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese



    LOL! Last night, Dear Hubby made instant taters and spooned the chicken over that... great the second time around. The flavor had developed a bit more! More zingy!

  10. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,656
    TrophiesCrock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese

    Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese



    Quote Originally Posted by TraciInTexas View Post
    LOL! Last night, Dear Hubby made instant taters and spooned the chicken over that... great the second time around. The flavor had developed a bit more! More zingy!
    That is great, I never would have thought of potatoes or even tator tots for this. THIS is why this forum is so awesome!

  11. #26
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,133
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese

    Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese



    Quote Originally Posted by TraciInTexas View Post
    LOL! Last night, Dear Hubby made instant taters and spooned the chicken over that... great the second time around. The flavor had developed a bit more! More zingy!
    this is a VERY versatile dish. I just love it! and Traci, you're right, today i had it for lunch again and the flavors were even better than day 1. This also makes a pretty large batch. It's just me so i'll be eating this for probably the next 7 days or so. My bullys don't get any of this one this time!

  12. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,656
    TrophiesCrock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese

    Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese



    Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    this is a VERY versatile dish. I just love it! and Traci, you're right, today i had it for lunch again and the flavors were even better than day 1. This also makes a pretty large batch. It's just me so i'll be eating this for probably the next 7 days or so. My bullys don't get any of this one this time!
    When I make too much of things like this I like to put some in a big freezer bag and lay it flat to freeze. Takes up hardly any space in the freezer and works great for when you dont feel like cooking.

  13. #28

    Re: Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese

    Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese



    I told my girlfriend about this recipe last night and she is going to make it!! And guess who else is going to make it!! MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

  14. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,656
    TrophiesCrock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese

    Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese



    Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Brooke View Post
    I told my girlfriend about this recipe last night and she is going to make it!! And guess who else is going to make it!! MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!
    Lol at least you have directions this time! Funny!

  15. #30
    Administrator Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    1,353
    TrophiesCrock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese
    Likes (Received)
    18
    Blog Entries
    2
    Crock Pot Chicken W/ Black Beans and Cream Cheese



    Got the ingredients yesterday so I will be making this soon too!


    Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    What's For Dinner?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •