Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,656
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Favorite kitchen gadgets




    What are everyones must have gadgets? I have a gift card that I need to spend on something to bed bath and beyond and havent figured out what I want yet. lol My favorite newer gadget is my immersion blender. It is easy to use and does everything even makes smoothies with quick clean up. I LOVE gadgets and have a ton of them but many get unused which I think happens with most people.

  2. #31
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,133
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Favorite kitchen gadgets




    For Christmas I received a two pack of Misto Olive oil spray cans; one can be used for vinegar also. I've seen these but have never used them. Anyone have experience w/this? I guess it's a good alternative to my Pam cooking spray.

  3. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,656
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Favorite kitchen gadgets




    Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    For Christmas I received a two pack of Misto Olive oil spray cans; one can be used for vinegar also. I've seen these but have never used them. Anyone have experience w/this? I guess it's a good alternative to my Pam cooking spray.
    I had one that I found in the mark down racket bed bath and beyond. Works pretty well but somehow I never used it so the oil would get wasted. Had I used it more I would have loved it.

  4. #33
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,133
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Favorite kitchen gadgets




    My new favorite kitchen gadget has to be my food scale. I use it all the time!!

  5. #34
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    TraciInTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sunny South Texas, USA
    Posts
    812
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11



    I've always used the glass jars that ring-click seal... But I found three new packs of them over the weekend!

    Added another nine jars to our herd of sealing jars!

    -imageuploadedbytapatalk1373211313-389516-jpg
    -imageuploadedbytapatalk1373211325-187259-jpg

    HAPPY DANCING across the kitchen!

  6. #35
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,133
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Favorite kitchen gadgets




    Quote Originally Posted by TraciInTexas View Post
    I've always used the glass jars that ring-click seal... But I found three new packs of them over the weekend!

    Added another nine jars to our herd of sealing jars!

    -imageuploadedbytapatalk1373211313-389516-jpg
    -imageuploadedbytapatalk1373211325-187259-jpg

    HAPPY DANCING across the kitchen!
    those are very nice looking jars too! I'm really into Mason jars now...bought a couple cases of tall and short ones at Target a few wks ago and have found so many uses for them

  7. #36
    Member

    Become a Food Fanatic Member!

    Sherry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    47
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Favorite kitchen gadgets




    I found a neat little Pineapple core/slicer in a Avon book for $10 it makes Pineapples a breeze to clean and eat

  8. #37
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    TraciInTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sunny South Texas, USA
    Posts
    812
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11



    Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    those are very nice looking jars too! I'm really into Mason jars now...bought a couple cases of tall and short ones at Target a few wks ago and have found so many uses for them
    Aren't they great?! I've lost/broken most of mine over the years... Saw some in Target this past weekend!!

    Whatcha using them for?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    I found a neat little Pineapple core/slicer in a Avon book for $10 it makes Pineapples a breeze to clean and eat
    Post up a picture? That sounds intriguing!

  9. #38
    Member

    Become a Food Fanatic Member!

    Sherry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    47
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Favorite kitchen gadgets




    -018-jpg-019-jpg turning the handle, when you are all the way through the pineapple, less than a minute, you push the yellow button and the handle releases and you pull the cutter through the bottom

  10. #39
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,133
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Favorite kitchen gadgets




    @TraciInTexas ,

    For lots of different things. I made my granola over the wknd and will be gifting a friend with some so I used the jar as the "gift box". Looks really nifty

    Also using them for leftover storage containers, a vase, a drinking glass, as a water bottle instead of plastic. So versatile!

  11. #40
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,133
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Favorite kitchen gadgets




    Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    -018-jpg-019-jpg turning the handle, when you are all the way through the pineapple, less than a minute, you push the yellow button and the handle releases and you pull the cutter through the bottom
    That's pretty neat, Sherry. So it does work really well? May be worth me looking into b/c while I love fresh pineapple, I dread the peeling and cutting...all the work it entails to get to the "meat"!

  12. #41
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    TraciInTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sunny South Texas, USA
    Posts
    812
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11



    Agreed... I'd love an easy way to get fresh pineapple!

  13. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,656
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Favorite kitchen gadgets




    Ooh nice @Sherry! I saw that (or one similar) tested on the chew I think it was and it worked for them! I hate cutting pineapple too so if I come across one of these at the store I will get it.

  14. #43
    Member

    Become a Food Fanatic Member!

    Sherry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    47
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Favorite kitchen gadgets




    Oh hang yea that puppy really works great! slicker than , well you know..........

  15. #44
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    TraciInTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sunny South Texas, USA
    Posts
    812
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11



    LOL!

  16. #45
    Member

    Become a Food Fanatic Member!


    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    New Delhi
    Posts
    47
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Re: Favorite kitchen gadgets




    Microplane zester
    Salad spinner
    Garlic press
    Mandoline slicer
    Digital timers
    Thermometers
    Manual juicer
    VeggiChop

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •