Likes Likes:  0
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    TraciInTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sunny South Texas, USA
    Posts
    814
    TrophiesChit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?
    Likes (Received)
    14

    Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?

    Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?



    Ok, so I've discovered that folks stare at me. A lot.

    I tend to shun Carbs, and people think I am from some other planet, apparently.

    Don't get me wrong, like any kid, I used to be a CARB VACUUM... But as I got older, I realized that they're useless except for energy and too prevalent in our Standard American Fare.

    I still drink beer like its an Olympic Event, but most everywhere else, I skip the carbs.

    Today I had some biscuits and gravy from a school cafeteria... And I just wondered how everybody else saw CARBS.

    NEXT?

  2. #2
    Member

    Become a Food Fanatic Member!


    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    60
    Likes (Received)
    1
    Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?



    Carbs are the enemy!!!

  3. #3
    Administrator Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    1,356
    TrophiesChit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?
    Likes (Received)
    21
    Blog Entries
    2
    Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?



    I'm lucky I guess I NEED my carbs, love just about anything carb related, I love bread but not a fan of whole grain-- so I cannot even at least try to make them healthy either.

    I love any and every type if potato, mmmmmmm

    I substitute by eating lots of veggies soaked in butter and bacon.


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    What's For Dinner?

  4. #4
    Administrator Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    1,356
    TrophiesChit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?
    Likes (Received)
    21
    Blog Entries
    2
    Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?



    I forgot to mention my love for pasta. There isn't a noodle I haven't met I did not like


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    What's For Dinner?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,656
    TrophiesChit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?

    Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?



    I love carbs too but try to keep to the healthy ones more. I eat whole grain or, multi grain bread everyday and have gotten used to it although a good potato bread sandwich is my fav. I am strict on the kids food and they only eat whole wheat bread too, although I buy the kind without any nuts for them. Love potatoes but they mess up my daughters tummy if she eats too much so I don't eat them often anymore.

  6. #6
    Administrator Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    1,356
    TrophiesChit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?
    Likes (Received)
    21
    Blog Entries
    2
    Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?



    Quote Originally Posted by cali~jenn View Post
    I love carbs too but try to keep to the healthy ones more. I eat whole grain or, multi grain bread everyday and have gotten used to it although a good potato bread sandwich is my fav. I am strict on the kids food and they only eat whole wheat bread too, although I buy the kind without any nuts for them. Love potatoes but they mess up my daughters tummy if she eats too much so I don't eat them often anymore.
    Oh come on I thought you would at least give me one foul mouthed word from my post lol


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    What's For Dinner?

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,656
    TrophiesChit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?

    Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?



    Quote Originally Posted by Desert Sky View Post
    Oh come on I thought you would at least give me one foul mouthed word from my post lol


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Nope! Until recently I would have put down the same things. Lol

  8. #8
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    cali baker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    1,133
    Likes (Received)
    25

    Re: Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?

    Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?



    I pretty much eat carbs at every meal. I love potatoes (white and sweet), all kinds of breads, desserts! I haven't been eating too much pasta or rice though, and of course, everything in moderation. Gotta have my carbs, otherwise i tend to get very cranky.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,656
    TrophiesChit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?
    Likes (Received)
    2

    Re: Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?

    Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?



    Quote Originally Posted by cali baker View Post
    I pretty much eat carbs at every meal. I love potatoes (white and sweet), all kinds of breads, desserts! I haven't been eating too much pasta or rice though, and of course, everything in moderation. Gotta have my carbs, otherwise i tend to get very cranky.
    We don't want a cranky henny!

  10. #10
    Senior Member

    Become a Food Fanatic Member!

    threeovens's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    195
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Re: Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?

    Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?



    I started the "cutting down on carbs" thing something like 20 years ago, so have gotten used to not having them all the time. Now I think moderation is the key. I could not eat like you, Miss Desert (Dessert?) Skye, but I still eat breads sometimes, pasta, rice, potatoes - just not every day. Beans are a carb, but a healthy one and I eat them almost every day. I also eat a lot of whole grains, not so much brown rice, but bulgur, wheat berries, buckwheat, barley, stuff like that there. I add them to a green salad or just make something with them alone, like a pilaf.

    One thing I noticed since I've been force-feeding myself the beans and whole grains and water is that I feel a whole lot better. My blood work is also better. I tried to get life insurance a few months ago and was deemed a high risk because I was pre-diabetic and overweight. Then I was depressed, lol. More recently, I tried to get life insurance with another company and am not such a high risk because my A1C is down, my cholesterol is down, my blood pressure - down. I've also cut down on meat. Unfortunately, I have not lost any weight as yet, but we'll see how that goes.

    So, I like to choose healthy carbs. I also use turbinado sugar and honey or maple syrup whenever possible instead of the more processed white table sugar.
    We may live without poetry, music and art; We may live without conscience, and live without heart; We may live without friends; we may live without books, But civilized man cannot live without cooks.

  11. #11
    Senior Member Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    TraciInTexas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sunny South Texas, USA
    Posts
    814
    TrophiesChit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?
    Likes (Received)
    14
    Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?



    I've discovered that carbs are "a habit" pretty much like salt, soda, caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, sugar, etc.

    Once you break the habit, you don't miss it.

  12. #12
    Administrator Become a Food Fanatic Member!
    bullmama's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    1,356
    TrophiesChit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs? Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?
    Likes (Received)
    21
    Blog Entries
    2
    Chit-chat... How do you view Carbs?



    Quote Originally Posted by threeovens View Post
    I started the "cutting down on carbs" thing something like 20 years ago, so have gotten used to not having them all the time. Now I think moderation is the key. I could not eat like you, Miss Desert (Dessert?) Skye, but I still eat breads sometimes, pasta, rice, potatoes - just not every day. Beans are a carb, but a healthy one and I eat them almost every day. I also eat a lot of whole grains, not so much brown rice, but bulgur, wheat berries, buckwheat, barley, stuff like that there. I add them to a green salad or just make something with them alone, like a pilaf.

    One thing I noticed since I've been force-feeding myself the beans and whole grains and water is that I feel a whole lot better. My blood work is also better. I tried to get life insurance a few months ago and was deemed a high risk because I was pre-diabetic and overweight. Then I was depressed, lol. More recently, I tried to get life insurance with another company and am not such a high risk because my A1C is down, my cholesterol is down, my blood pressure - down. I've also cut down on meat. Unfortunately, I have not lost any weight as yet, but we'll see how that goes.

    So, I like to choose healthy carbs. I also use turbinado sugar and honey or maple syrup whenever possible instead of the more processed white table sugar.
    I live in Tucson AZ that's why desert sky, I'm not big on sweets so I must get my energy from my caffeine and carbs. I'm very active with 4 kids and 8 bullies so that's probably why I can get away with it. I'm sure my time will come where I will need to watch my carb intake! Probably very very soon! I will miss them that's for sure!


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    What's For Dinner?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •