Results 1 to 1 of 1
02-22-2011, 07:40 PM #1
Pasta with Turkey Meatballs and Bocconcini
**Recipe of the Month Winner October 2013**
This recipe is from Martha Stewart Everyday Foods. I made it a couple times and it is really delicious and worth the effort (this is about as complicated as I get when it comes to cooking!):
* Coarse salt and ground pepper
* 3/4 pound ground turkey (93 percent lean, dark meat)
* 1/4 cup plain dry breadcrumbs
* 2 garlic cloves, minced
* 1 large egg, lightly beaten
* 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
* 2 tablespoons butter
* 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
* 8 ounces orecchiette or other short pasta
* 1/2 pint bocconcini (about 20 balls)
1. Set a large pot of salted water to boil. In a large bowl, combine turkey, breadcrumbs, garlic, egg, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, 1/4 cup parsley, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; mix to combine. Using a level 1-tablespoon measure for each, form mixture into meatballs (you should have about 24).
2. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high. Add meatballs, and cook, turning occasionally, until browned all over, 5 to 7 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups water; simmer, stirring occasionally, until meatballs are cooked through and liquid is reduced to about 1/2 cup, 10 to 12 minutes. Add tomatoes; cook until they begin to soften, about 1 minute.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta in boiling water until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain, return to pot, and place on the still-warm burner. Add bocconcini, meatballs and sauce, remaining 1/4 cup parsley, remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan, and remaining tablespoon butter. Season with salt and pepper, and toss until combined.
Last edited by bullmama; 11-24-2013 at 01:08 PM.